Experienced Injury Attorneys Fighting for Victims of Boating Accidents in San Diego, Los Angeles and Dana Point, CA
When someone else is careless at the helm, a day on the water can quickly turn into a traumatic, life-changing event. If you were injured in a boating accident in Southern California and someone else is to blame, you may be entitled to significant financial compensation.
Just like there are rules of the road, there are rules of the water, as well. In Southern California, commercial and recreational boaters alike are subject to various laws that can make them financially responsible when they cause injurious and fatal accidents. At Neale & Fhima, we help boating accident victims use these laws to win the compensation that they deserve.
Boating accidents can be extremely traumatic events, particularly on open water. They can also lead to exorbitant medical bills, loss of income, pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, and numerous other losses that can impact victims’ lives for years to come. To make sure that you don’t end up bearing the financial consequences of someone else’s mistake, it is important to seek experienced legal representation to enforce your legal rights.
You May Be Entitled to Compensation Following a Boat Accident if…
There are numerous causes of boating accidents that will entitle victims to seek rightful compensation. Some of the most common causes include the following:
- The Boater Who Hit You Was Drunk or Under the Influence of Drugs. Boating under the influence of alcohol and drugs is a persistent problem, and one that frequently leads to accidents on the water.
- The Boater Who Hit You Was Distracted. Distracted boating is a major problem as well, and one that is likely to get worse before it gets better. Talking and texting at the helm are frequently cited as causes of boating accidents throughout Southern California. Talking to passengers, watching passengers being towed on skis and tubes, eating and drinking, and navigating are all common distractions, as well.
- The Boater Who Hit You Was Inexperienced. Inexperience is another common factor in boating collisions in Dana Point and the coastal areas around Los Angeles and San Diego. Unfortunately, many recreational boaters do not know how to operate their boats safely, and some rental companies will rent boats to inexperienced boaters who lack the knowledge and skills necessary to avoid causing dangerous collisions.
- The Boater Who Hit You Was Speeding or Acting Recklessly. Speeding, turning too sharply, creating a large wake near other vessels, and other common mistakes frequently lead to accidents that could – and should – have been avoided.
- A Maintenance Issue Contributed to Your Accident. All types of boats require consistent maintenance, and engine issues, worn floors, and other problems can leave boat operators unable to avoid accidents and injuries. If you were hit by an improperly maintained boat, or if you rented a boat that was not in seaworthy condition, you may have a claim for financial compensation.
The one thing that all of these causes have in common is that they involve negligence on the part of someone other than the person seeking compensation for his or her injuries. These are just examples – there are countless other scenarios where victims and their families will be entitled to seek compensation. If you have been injured or a loved one has been killed in any boating accident where you suspect that any type of reckless or careless behavior may be to blame, we encourage you to contact us promptly for a free consultation.
When You Hire Us for Your Boat Accident Claim…
You have a choice when it comes to your legal representation for a boating accident claim in Southern California. Here are five reasons to choose Neale & Fhima:
- We Will Help You Understand Your Situation. We understand that you have questions and need help making informed decisions about your case. We will guide you through every step of the way.
- We Will Seek Maximum Compensation. While other law firms make settling quickly their top priority, we focus on making sure that our clients receive maximum compensation for their losses.
- We Will Put Your Needs Above All Else. We care about our clients. We are always reachable, and we want to hear from you if you have questions or information about your claim.
- We Will Use Our Experience to Your Advantage. We have represented thousands of clients throughout Southern California. We have a 99 percent success rate and have secured over $50 million for our clients.
- We Will Let You Focus on Getting Your Life Back. We will handle all aspects of your claim so that you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
Find Out if You Have a Claim. Schedule a Free Consultation Today.
To find out if you have a claim for compensation, contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. Call (888) 407-2955 or inquire online to speak with one of our experienced attorneys about your Southern California boating accident today.