Pedestrian Injury Lawyers Serving Southern California including San Diego, Dana Point, Irvine, San Francisco, and Los Angeles Areas
As a pedestrian, being hit by a car, truck, bus, or train can have devastating (and sometimes fatal) consequences. At Neale & Fhima, we help pedestrian accident victims and their families recover maximum compensation for their losses. If you or a loved one has been in a truck-related incident, consult with a truck accident lawyer at our firm.
In a collision between a pedestrian and a moving vehicle, the consequences are practically predetermined. Pedestrian accident victims regularly suffer catastrophic injuries, Each year, numerous innocent victims die as a result of injuries sustained in these collisions. A vehicle accident lawyer can offer guidance and support in such tragic circumstances.
Seeking Compensation for Your Pedestrian Accident Injuries and Losses
Whether you have been injured or a loved one has been killed in a pedestrian accident, it is critical that you take action to enforce your legal rights. Pedestrian accidents often leave victims with significant losses – losses that far exceed what most people think of when they think about the costs associated with a traumatic accident.
Experienced Personal Injury in Dana Point, CA
At Neale & Fhima, we guide our clients through the process of understanding their legal rights, and we fight to make sure that they receive the largest possible settlements and verdicts for their losses. This includes fighting for compensation in cases involving car accidents and other pedestrian-vehicle collisions. Our experienced personal injury attorneys handle personal injury claims for victims and their families.As leading car accident injury lawyers, we have been representing accident victims in Southern California for more than 40 years , and we have a 99 percent success rate in helping our clients secure fair compensation. This has resulted in more than $50 million in total recoveries for our clients’ losses.
Checklist for Pedestrian Accident Victims
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Southern California, you should:
- See your doctor. In most cases, pedestrian accident victims will suffer external injuries and experience extreme pain, and it will be clear that they need medical attention. But, some victims only suffer severe internal injuries, and these injuries may not begin to show symptoms for days, weeks, or even months after the accident. To protect your health and your claim for financial compensation, you should see a doctor right away – even if you think that you feel fine.
- Follow your doctor’s advice. If your doctor says that you need to stay off of your feet, the best thing that you can do is rest. You do not want to make your condition worse (or jeopardize your legal rights) by ignoring your doctor’s advice.
- Take photos. If you are able to do so, you should take photos at the scene of the accident. Also take photos of your injuries, your damaged clothing and personal items, and anything else that you think might possibly be relevant to your claim.
- Write down what you remember. In addition to taking photos, you should also write down everything that you remember about the accident as soon as possible. No detail is too small, and you don’t want the details to fade before you get a chance to tell your side of the story.
- Avoid the insurance companies. The insurance companies want to settle your claim quickly, and for as little as possible. If they can get away with paying you nothing, they will. Adjusters use several tactics to get accident victims to say things that can later be used against them. To avoid this, let your lawyer deal with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- Stay off of social media. While it may be tempting to upload photos of your injuries to Instagram or to post about your accident on Twitter or Facebook, you should avoid doing so. In fact, it is generally a good idea to stay off of social media altogether while your case is pending. The insurance companies will be looking for anything that they can find to use against you, and you don’t want to accidentally give it to them by posting something online.
- Resist the urge to wait. Too often, accident victims put their claim for compensation at the bottom of their list of priorities. They know that it is important, but with everything else going on and the stress of the situation, they often find it difficult to make the time to protect their rights. But, it only takes one call to get started; and, the longer you wait, the harder it may become to enforce your legal rights.
Get Started on Your Pedestrian Accident Claim with a Free Consultation
If you live in the Dana Point area and would like more information about your legal rights following a pedestrian accident in Southern California, we invite you to contact us for a free, confidential consultation. To meet with an attorney by phone or in person, call (888) 407-2955 or contact our firm online today.
”I had a great experience with everyone at Neale and Fhima. They went out of their way to help me and everyone was extremely supportive.” – Brandon Barry (Google Review)